Tuesday, November 15, 2016

.....I'm back!!

Oh hello there,

I'm back!!! 

I was reading through my old blog posts the other day and was reminded how much I really love sharing parts of my crazy mind and life with you. I cant believe it has been since spring break that I have made a post! 

So.. without further ado, some more of my mind jabber. 

My parents told me I could be whatever I wanted to be when I grew up. I went with the obvious first choice, a rock star, and while I was working on that dream I explored my way through many of my other prospective career ideas. I was going to be a ballerina, a fashion designer, an interior designer, a journalist, and even at one point thought of being an accountant. I had quite an imagination as a child and I suppose its what has gotten me this far in my life, but I never dreamed I'd end up here.

I never took any medical classes when I was in high school, so its strange that I ended up here. It happened in my first year of college, I took one anatomy and physiology course and decided I needed to be in healthcare like I needed air to breathe. It just fit, it clicked and i'm so glad I somehow stumbled into a health professions meeting at the right time and found my way into one of the coolest professions in healthcare. High five to all who wander for we are not as lost as they think we are, and we eventually get where we are going.

My parents told me I could be whatever I wanted to be.. and I decided I wanted to be this guy:


For those of you who are uncultured swine, that is Beaker.  He is the highly anxious, mildly insane, very shy assistant of Dr. Bunsen Honeydew in The Muppets. He's essentially a laboratory technician and physician assistant all rolled into one gigantic ball of stress, and its fabulous.

I am currently a Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) and I love my job so much. When I talk to people, they often have no idea what I really do. Basically, if it comes out of you I look at it, test it, and give your doc a list of results from which he/she makes a diagnosis off of. I love the people I work with and while I sometimes have classic disastrous Beaker moments, they always help me through it.

Pick a career in something you love and you'll never work a day in your life. I think I've done that, and if I decide to move on and become a PA, at least i'll still be Beaker.

Anyways, what i'm getting at is chase your dreams. Find your inspiration. Be your own Beaker.

Shlog


No comments:

Post a Comment